Launch of the Irish presidency of the Council of the EU
The official launch event of the Irish presidency of the Council of the EU will take place in Dublin.
Ireland looks forward to seizing the opportunities presented by its Presidency of the Council of the EU during the first six months of 2013 to deliver stability, jobs and growth in Europe.
Ireland’s seventh Presidency coincides with the fortieth anniversary of Ireland’s accession to the European Union. As in the past, Ireland will strive to run a fair and open Presidency focused on delivering results for Europe.
Event of the week
- UNESCO chief: Education ensures normalcy for millions of displaced Syrians
- Paris puts Bitcoin on EU agenda
- Oettinger on Ukraine: EU should not be 'too offensive' towards Russia
- Hedegaard: “Ukrainian crisis shows we need to reduce our energy dependency”
- Car coolant rejected by Daimler is safe: EU scientists