Launch of the Irish presidency of the Council of the EU
The official launch event of the Irish presidency of the Council of the EU will take place in Dublin.
Ireland looks forward to seizing the opportunities presented by its Presidency of the Council of the EU during the first six months of 2013 to deliver stability, jobs and growth in Europe.
Ireland’s seventh Presidency coincides with the fortieth anniversary of Ireland’s accession to the European Union. As in the past, Ireland will strive to run a fair and open Presidency focused on delivering results for Europe.
- Europe sees ICAO deal to curb aviation emissions within reach
- The Brief: Sometimes, the EU works!
- Blair would have been vetoed by Chirac for Commission President, aide admits
- Eurogroup chief says Deutsche Bank ‘must solve own problems’
- Understanding the state of the economy is crucial to business success