Feeding the Recovery
17 October -14.00
Session 1: Driving Sustainable Economic Recovery
With growing pressure on commodity prices, macroeconomic trends affecting purchasing power, and labour markets still struggling to provide jobs for all Europeans, what is the role of Europe’s food and drink industry in fuelling a sustainable recovery?
Join session 1 of FoodDrinkEurope’s 2012 Congress ‘Feeding the Recovery’ for a lively discussion of how Europe’s food and drink industry can help drive sustainable economic recovery.
International journalist and broadcaster David Eades (BBC) will moderate the discussion between expert speakers and panellists including:
- European Commissioner for Trade, Karel De Gucht
- Deputy Director General of the WTO, Rufus Yerxa
- OECD Directorate for Agriculture and Trade, Wayne Jones
- Minister Counsellor on food and agriculture for the U.S. Mission to the EU, Maurice House
- Managing Director, Henri van de Bilt Vleeswaren, Frans Egberts
- CEO Europe, Diageo Plc., representing the European Spirits Organisation – CEPS, Andrew Morgan
Topics for debate include:
- What are the global megatrends affecting Europe’s food sector?
- How can Europe build on the export-driven success its food and drink industry has experienced over the last few years?
- How are trade, innovation and security of supply of agricultural raw materials affecting the business climate in Europe?
- How has the current rise in the price of commodities and its impact on the global food supply chain affected Europe?
- What are the needs of Europe’s SMEs in terms of access to finance, export opportunities, etc.? How can the Europe’s policy-makers help?
- What are the barriers to continued sustainable, export-driven growth, and how can they be overcome?
18 October - 9.00am
Session 3: Creating Smart, Green Growth
Over the last three years, the RSPB, the UK’s BirdLife partner, has supported thousands of farmers to deliver a better environment through our ‘Birds Directive on Farmland‘ project.
Evening of discussion on
on 29 November 2012 at the Mission of Switzerland to the EU.
The European Landowners’ Organization and its partners are delighted
to invite you to the upcoming conference entitled:
Towards a resource efficient agriculture in Europe: the role of research and technology for safe and healthy food
The Agriculture and Fisheries Council brings together every month Member States’ ministers responsible for fisheries and agriculture.
It discusses issues relating to agriculture and fisheries, including food safety, animal health, animal welfare and plant health.
Press breakfast briefing
CFP reform - background briefing ahead of key vote in European Parliament
When: Wednesday, 30 January - 8.30-9.30
When: Monday, 25 February, 11.30 a.m.
Where: Room ASP 05G02 European Parliament, Brussels
The Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament invites you to a conference on "How GMO-free labelling of food products can contribute to increase GMO-free supplies for animal feed", co-hosted by MEPs José Bové, Jill Evans and Bart Staes.
The importance of Science in the agricultural sector is vital and the role of communicating this to a wider audience equally so.
The Protected Geographical Indication Pays d'Oc wines, the varietal wines French leader with an annual production of more than 6 millions of hectolitres, wish to gather and federate, around the concept of the wine under quality labels, the actors of theMediterranean regions of Europewho share wit
Conference on Land Issues in Europe: from Land Grabbing to Land Reform
25th of June 2013, from 9h00 till 12h30, European Parliament ASP 1G2 - Brussels
FoodDrinkEurope President, Jesús Serafín Pérez, cordially invites you to the launch event of ‘Every Crumb Counts’, the Joint Stakeholder Declaration on Food Wastage.
Agriculture faces major challenges to deliver food security at a time of increasing pressures from climate change, social and
economic inequity and instability, and the continuing need to avoid further loss in ecosystem biodiversity. The introduction of
Join us for the launch of the Food & Beverage Sector results from the 14th edition of Edelman’s Trust Barometer followed by a discussion on “Trust and Food Safety throughout the Food Chain”.
Events of the week
- Davos: Industry and political leaders split over Trump political earthquake
- Il Sole 24 Ore: EU must do something about ‘crisis of information’
- The Brief: A tale of two Donalds
- Croatia PM: EU-hopeful countries need motivation to continue with reform
- Moscovici: ‘Trump will bring more nationalism and protectionism’