Feeding the Recovery
18 October - 9.00am
Session 3: Creating Smart, Green Growth
For growth to benefit all Europeans, it has to be sustainable, environmentally friendly and socially responsible. How can Europe’s food and drink industry play a positive role in making the food chain greener?
Join session 3 of FoodDrinkEurope’s 2012 Congress ‘Feeding the Recovery’ for a lively discussion of how Europe’s food and drink industry can create smart, green growth.
International journalist and broadcaster Dr. Amrita Cheema will moderate the discussion between expert speakers and panellists including:
- EU Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development, Mr. Dacian Ciolos
- Member of Cabinet of Environment Commissioner Potočnik, Mr. William Neale
- Director Corporate & Government Affairs Europe, Mondelēz International, Ms.Sara Sizer
- Farmer, Mr. Paul Temple
- Director of Campaigns, WWF UK, Mr. David Norman
Topics for debate include:
- How are company strategies incorporating the ‘triple win’ of sustainability into their business models, through innovative approaches to people, the planet and profit?
- Has the food and drink industry done enough in terms of resource efficiency and creating efficient supply chains? Has sustainable sourcing helped the sector deliver for its stakeholders?
- How can a greener, more market-driven CAP in the future enable food chain partners to improve their sustainable production?
- What has been the impact of the industry’s growing focus on sustainable consumption and production? Has this helped make the food chain greener?
- What can the European Food Sustainable Consumption and Production Round Table teach us? What are the challenges of different global approaches?
- What are some of the workable solutions and collaborative partnerships that have been tried and tested by players in the food and drink industry?
- How can reforming the CAP to improve efficiency be reconciled with the need to protect and encourage biodiversity across Europe? How does this fit in with the current and future aims of the CAP? What is the role of the various stakeholders?
17 October -14.00
Session 1: Driving Sustainable Economic Recovery
Over the last three years, the RSPB, the UK’s BirdLife partner, has supported thousands of farmers to deliver a better environment through our ‘Birds Directive on Farmland‘ project.
Evening of discussion on
on 29 November 2012 at the Mission of Switzerland to the EU.
The European Landowners’ Organization and its partners are delighted
to invite you to the upcoming conference entitled:
Towards a resource efficient agriculture in Europe: the role of research and technology for safe and healthy food
The Agriculture and Fisheries Council brings together every month Member States’ ministers responsible for fisheries and agriculture.
It discusses issues relating to agriculture and fisheries, including food safety, animal health, animal welfare and plant health.
Press breakfast briefing
CFP reform - background briefing ahead of key vote in European Parliament
When: Wednesday, 30 January - 8.30-9.30
When: Monday, 25 February, 11.30 a.m.
Where: Room ASP 05G02 European Parliament, Brussels
The Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament invites you to a conference on "How GMO-free labelling of food products can contribute to increase GMO-free supplies for animal feed", co-hosted by MEPs José Bové, Jill Evans and Bart Staes.
The importance of Science in the agricultural sector is vital and the role of communicating this to a wider audience equally so.
The Protected Geographical Indication Pays d'Oc wines, the varietal wines French leader with an annual production of more than 6 millions of hectolitres, wish to gather and federate, around the concept of the wine under quality labels, the actors of theMediterranean regions of Europewho share wit
Conference on Land Issues in Europe: from Land Grabbing to Land Reform
25th of June 2013, from 9h00 till 12h30, European Parliament ASP 1G2 - Brussels
FoodDrinkEurope President, Jesús Serafín Pérez, cordially invites you to the launch event of ‘Every Crumb Counts’, the Joint Stakeholder Declaration on Food Wastage.
Agriculture faces major challenges to deliver food security at a time of increasing pressures from climate change, social and
economic inequity and instability, and the continuing need to avoid further loss in ecosystem biodiversity. The introduction of
The Greens/EFA group is organising a conference on the theme:
Join us for the launch of the Food & Beverage Sector results from the 14th edition of Edelman’s Trust Barometer followed by a discussion on “Trust and Food Safety throughout the Food Chain”.
An Industrial Renaissance for Europe – What does it mean for the agri-food sector?
An event organised by EurActiv Institute
With the support of PepsiCo
- Russian opposition leader Boris Nemtsov shot dead near the Kremlin
- Velux VP: Policy must push home renovation for health and efficiency
- Bulgarian President says Putin wants to ‘blow the EU from inside’
- Ed Miliband: Leaving EU not in Britain’s interest
- Dan Mulhall: Ireland will do 'all we can' to keep the UK in the EU