The RSPB’s EU LIFE+ Wildlife Friendly Farming Conference
Over the last three years, the RSPB, the UK’s BirdLife partner, has supported thousands of farmers to deliver a better environment through our ‘Birds Directive on Farmland‘ project. This programme of work has been funded by the EU LIFE+ Programme, and has given us the opportunity to engage and enthuse farmers across the UK to deliver top quality habitat management for the benefit of biodiversity as part of a profitable farming business.
We are keen to continue to support farmers who want to make a real difference to wildlife on their land, and increase the awareness of others of the need to do so. We would like you to join us at our one-day conference where you can hear more about the project, its successes, and how similar activities could work in other countries across Europe. Farmers, volunteers and staff involved in delivering the project will also be on hand to talk about their experiences. As this is a pivotal year for CAP reform, we are fighting hard to ensure that farmers will still have the opportunity to farm in a way that supports biodiversity alongside food production after 2013, through targeted, well-designed and well funded agri-environment schemes.
Key speakers will include:
- Martin Harper, RSPB Director of Conservation: celebrating the successes of the EU LIFE+ project to support wildlife-friendly farmers
- Ariel Brunner, Head of EU policy for Birdlife International explaining the role of the Common Agricultural Policy in meeting the needs of the EU Birds Directive
- The views of farmers, advisors and volunteers in the programme on how the project has supported farmers and wildlife
- Dr Darren Moorcroft, RSPB Head of Species and Habitats Conservation: launching the new programme to enable the whole agricultural industry to learn how best to support wildlife-friendly farming together
- Sönke Eggers and Jonas Josefsson, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences: describing how they have developed the British farmland survey project in Sweden to support their wildlife-friendly farming This conference is free to attend. It will be in English only.
Please contact Anna Broszkiewicz for more information and to register for the event.
17 October -14.00
Session 1: Driving Sustainable Economic Recovery
18 October - 9.00am
Session 3: Creating Smart, Green Growth
Evening of discussion on
on 29 November 2012 at the Mission of Switzerland to the EU.
The European Landowners’ Organization and its partners are delighted
to invite you to the upcoming conference entitled:
Towards a resource efficient agriculture in Europe: the role of research and technology for safe and healthy food
The Agriculture and Fisheries Council brings together every month Member States’ ministers responsible for fisheries and agriculture.
It discusses issues relating to agriculture and fisheries, including food safety, animal health, animal welfare and plant health.
Press breakfast briefing
CFP reform - background briefing ahead of key vote in European Parliament
When: Wednesday, 30 January - 8.30-9.30
When: Monday, 25 February, 11.30 a.m.
Where: Room ASP 05G02 European Parliament, Brussels
The Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament invites you to a conference on "How GMO-free labelling of food products can contribute to increase GMO-free supplies for animal feed", co-hosted by MEPs José Bové, Jill Evans and Bart Staes.
The importance of Science in the agricultural sector is vital and the role of communicating this to a wider audience equally so.
The Protected Geographical Indication Pays d'Oc wines, the varietal wines French leader with an annual production of more than 6 millions of hectolitres, wish to gather and federate, around the concept of the wine under quality labels, the actors of theMediterranean regions of Europewho share wit
Conference on Land Issues in Europe: from Land Grabbing to Land Reform
25th of June 2013, from 9h00 till 12h30, European Parliament ASP 1G2 - Brussels
FoodDrinkEurope President, Jesús Serafín Pérez, cordially invites you to the launch event of ‘Every Crumb Counts’, the Joint Stakeholder Declaration on Food Wastage.
Agriculture faces major challenges to deliver food security at a time of increasing pressures from climate change, social and
economic inequity and instability, and the continuing need to avoid further loss in ecosystem biodiversity. The introduction of
The Greens/EFA group is organising a conference on the theme:
Join us for the launch of the Food & Beverage Sector results from the 14th edition of Edelman’s Trust Barometer followed by a discussion on “Trust and Food Safety throughout the Food Chain”.
Event of the week
- UNESCO chief: Education ensures normalcy for millions of displaced Syrians
- Paris puts Bitcoin on EU agenda
- Oettinger on Ukraine: EU should not be 'too offensive' towards Russia
- Hedegaard: “Ukrainian crisis shows we need to reduce our energy dependency”
- Car coolant rejected by Daimler is safe: EU scientists