Managing the Presidency of the Council of the EU - The Practicalities of Chairing Council Working Parties
The rotating Presidency plays a central role in managing the formulation of Council decisions. A successful Presidency depends in particular on the abilities of the working party chairpersons and their teams to ensure momentum and achieve results in a complex multinational arena. This seminar looks into the strategic, logistical, procedural and practical actions required to successfully manage a Council working party during a Presidency in the post-Lisbon architecture. The seminar also aims to contribute to an exchange of practices and to foster connections between consecutive Presidencies.
- Commission sent back to drawing board on novel foods law
- Merkel hits diplomatic dead-end with Putin
- Netflix dismantles the telco-film industry foundation on which its House of Cards is built
- Russia's EU strategy is to isolate member states
- Stop Mediterranean becoming vast migrant cemetery, Pope tells Europe