What future for Big Data mining?
- How can social media and Big Data be used to understand public opinion trends?
- What is the potential for political campaigners?
- Can we win an election thanks to social media?
- Is there a risk that these data will be misused? What risks for data protection?
- How can the financial sector use social media to make better investment decisions?
- Are policymakers facing the challenge of the growing data-driven economy?
- Julia REDA, MEP
- Stina SOEWARTA, Head of Unit Communication and Transparency,DG DEVCO, European Commission
- Diego NARANJO, Advocacy Manager, European Digital Rights (EDRi)
- Guenaëlle COLLET, EU Affairs Manager, EBU big data initiative manager, European Broadcasting Union (EBU)
- Facebook representative (tbc)
- Pascal CHELALA, Managing Director, TNS Opinion (tbc)
- Laurentiu VASILIU, Founder and CEO, Peracton
- Frédéric SIMON, Editor, EurActiv.com
- David MEKKAOUI, Director, Fondation Euractiv
- 12:00 – 12:30 Registration and networking lunch
- 12:30 – 13:45 Panel debate and open discussion
- 13:45 – 14:00 Conclusion and final remarks
For more information, please contact:
Irene Marchi, Network Projects and Events Executive
+32 (0)2 226 58 23
This event is organised with the support of SSIX.
Join the conversation!
The Right to Self Determination - new governance models
Projection of the film
25 September 13.00-15.00
room P4B001 - European Parliament
A documentary on the socio-economic consequencies of privatisations
by Katerina Kitidi and Aris Chatzistefanou
Pre-film debate with:
When: Wednesday, 26 September, 10.00
With: Green MEP Carl Schlyter
When: Wednesday, 26 September, 11.00
Where: 6Q2, Jozsef Antall building, European Parliament
Fiscal Compact: GUE/NGL calls for review by ECJ
Austerity is killing in Portugal; the real face of the rescue programme
Thursday 11/10/12, 10:30 Room PHS 0 B01
HOW TO IMPROVE AWARENESS OF THE EP AND ITS ACCEPTANCE BY THE PUBLIC?
MEP Jiri Mastalka
MEP Vladimir Remek
With the participation of:
Firenze 10+10 Alter Summit
RESISTANCE TO AUSTERITY
17th of October 14.30-18.00
ASP 1G2 European Parliament Brussels
The Pact of Islands is the political commitment of European Islands to developing Island Sustainable Energy Action Plans (ISEAPs) and identifying Bankable Projects with the aim of meeting or exceeding the EU sustainability targets for the year 2020.
Hunger strike in Turkey : MEP back from delegation in Turkey
MEP Marie-Christine Vergiat (delegation of elected representatives to Turkey from the 31st of October to the 7th of November)
Progetto ABI Banche 2020 - Le banche italiane per la crescita e la coesione
Bruxelles, 13 Novembre 2012 ore 18.30
Parlamento Europeo, sala PHS 4b001
Apertura dei lavori:
Save the Date
Springeneration: From Ideas to Action in the Middle East and North Africa
14 November 2012, 15:00 – 18:00
COLLOQUE : "Action for teens"
Adolescence en détresse: L'urgence d'une politique d'accueil en Europe
At this crucial time in the fight against climate change, the European Islands have a key role to play in developing sustainable energy action plans.
Helga Trüpel, budgetary spokesperson of the Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament will be present at the EU Summit today, 22 November, as from 20.00 and on Friday, 23 November as from 1o.30 am and be available for comments.
Invitation to press conference
26th November 2012
European Parliament, Room ASP5G2, Rue Wiertz, 60, B - 1047 Brussels
EU banking union legislation to be voted in EP
When: Thursday, 29 November - 8.00 (a.m.)
4 December 2012, 9.00-12.30
European Parliament, ASP 1G2
The Hanns-Seidel-Stiftung and the Centre for European Studies cordially invite you to a conference on The European Agenda under the Irish EU-Presidency with:
Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe
Organized by MEP Dr. Theodoros Skylakakis
Success Stories Made in Greece