Invitation to a press briefing on Saving bluefin tuna - breakfast briefing on new EU rules on bluefin fishing and scandals in the fishery - Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament - European Parliament, Brussels
Achieving Environmental and Sustainability Goals Does recycling improve air quality?
Sustainable development depends on real commitments and actions, by real people in the real
world – statement from 2002 Johannesburg Earth Summit Declaration. Several voluntary commitments where mentioned at Rio +20 as good practice of industry moving towards improved sustainability.
VinylPlus was one of these initiatives. VinylPlus is also referenced in the Green Paper on Plastic Waste
published by European Commission on the 7th of March 2013.
It is widely known that recycling can save on natura resources and reduce emissions, but a recent study (issued by the Flemish Institute of Technological Research - VITO) has shown that it can also improve air quality.
- How much effort and investment is required for a company or a specific industry to develop a programme of voluntary commitments?
- Can more be done at EU level to incentivise sustainable voluntary programmes?
- What kind of impact do these commitments have in the eyes of European Institutions and at EU level?
- Does the Commission have a method of evaluation for commitments to sustainability programmes? Does the Commission promote the results of these programmes?
Keynote speaker (video statement):
- Janez POTOČNIK, Commissioner for Environment
Invited contributors include:
- Vittorio PRODI, MEP
- William NEALE, Member of Potocnik Cabinet
- Piotr BARCZAK, Project Officer Waste and Air Quality EEB
- Hans TELGEN, Chairman, TEPPFA
- Gerald FEIGENBUTZ, Managing Director, EPPA
- Dirk JEPSEN, Managing Director, Institut fuer Oekologie und Politik
Frédéric Simon, Editor, EurActiv.com
Ross Melzer, Public Affairs Director, EurActiv.com
14.20 – 14.45: Registration
15.00 – 17.00 Impulse statements and open debate
17.00 – 18.00: Cocktail reception
To register, please send an email with your name, date of birth, nationality, ID number, organisation and title to:
Moderator: Sonja van Renssen, Journalist on EU-affairs
Registration (14:00 – 14:30)
Opening statements (14:30 – 14:50)
We are pleased to invite you at the conference:
The global renewable energy industry: companies’ strategies and market trends
16 October 2012, Brussels
European Commission headquarters
Berlaymont building – Schuman room
NATURAL REFRIGERANTS - SOLUTIONS FOR EUROPE: Already in its fourth year, this interactive workshop and conference on Natural Refrigerants (CO2, ammonia, hydrocarbons, water, air) will be organised in Brussels from Tuesday to Wednesday, 6-7 November, with a pre-event on 5 November
Mr. Günther Oettinger, EU Commissioner for Energy, Federal Councillor Doris Leuthard, Head of the Swiss Federal Department of Environment, Transport, Energy and Communication, and Mr. Johannes Remmel, Minister for Climate Protection,
On Tuesday, 27 November 2012, 09:30,
at the Mission of Switzerland to the European Union
Place du Luxembourg 1, 1050 Brussels
Dear Sir or Madam,
When: Thursday 24 January 2013 @ 10.30 - 11.00
Air pollution in airports
Event date: 31 Jan 13 - 31 Jan 13
A challenge for the working environment - solutions and successful cooperation
AIR POLLUTION IN AIRPORTS
CLEPA Annual Reception 2013
Concert Noble- Brussels
For further information, please contact :
Ms Nathalie Gminder, firstname.lastname@example.org,
If you are not for zero waste, how much waste are you for?
15.00 – 15.10 Opening
Gabi Zimmer, President GUE/NGL
Mikael Gustafsson, MEP GUE/NGL and Chair of FEMM Committee
Gas Week 2013 – Making a Clean Future Real
Building on the success of Gas Week 2012, Gas Week 2013 focuses on how natural gas can help Europe make a clean future real.
Rainer Steffens, Head of the Representation of the State NRW to the European Union
The German Marshall Fund of the United States is pleased to invite you to a discussion on the opportunities for Europe and the United States to lead international efforts to avoid climate change.
On 19 June, the European Partnership for Energy and the Environment (EPEE), the voice of the HVACR industry, is hosting a High-Level Conference on Energy and Climate.
The conference starts at 14.30 and ends at 18.00.
The seminar organised by COGEN Europe and Euroheat & Power in cooperation with the Heat Coalition will provide a fresh look at energy efficiency and costs, with a view to initiate a debate on a new, cost-effective and realistic vision for decarbonising the energy sector which takes into ac
- The Brief: Macron didn’t need Juncker’s poison kiss
- French political class rallies behind Macron, against Le Pen
- Moscovici: French election ‘a referendum on Europe’
- Commission readies new parental leave rules to replace axed maternity bill
- March for Science: Is the basis of the knowledge society being eroded?