European Business Summit 2013
The European Business Summit (EBS), is Europe's key meeting place for business leaders and decision makers. Every year, the EBS attracts more than 2,000 participants from over 60 countries, European Commissioners, Prime Ministers, high-level officials and about 200 journalists. This year’s summit will take place on the 15th and 16th of May 2013 at the Cinquantenaire (EU Quarter) in Brussels.
The theme of the 2013 summit is “Unlocking Industrial Opportunities – An EU Strategy for Competitiveness”. This deals with the challenge of the re-industrialisation of Europe and the promotion of competitiveness through innovation. The event will take place in the Cinquantenaire, on the 15th – 16th of May 2013.
The summit will take a look at the various issues affecting industry in Europe through horizontal sessions and more specific, sectorial panels.
Speakers at EBS 2013 include:
- Hermann Van Rompuy, President of the European Council
- José Manuel Barroso, President of the European Commission
- Antonio Tajani, Vice-President of the European Commission and Commissioner for Industry and Entrepreneurship
- Neelie Kroes, Vice-President of the European Commission and Commissioner for the Digital Agenda
- Janez Potočnik, European Commissioner for Environment
- Connie Hedegaard, European Commissioner for Climate Action
- László Andor, Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion
- Karel De Gucht, European Commissioner for Trade
- Jürgen R. Thumann, President of BUSINESSEUROPE
- William E. Kennard, US Ambassador to the EU
- Leif Johansson, Chairman of the European Round Table of Industrialists
- Pascal Lamy, Director-General of the World Trade Organisation
- Peter Löscher, President and CEO, Siemens
- Helge Lund, CEO Statoil
- Henryka Bochniarz, President of Polish Confederation of Private Employers Lewiatan
- Giorgio Squinzi, CEO of Mapei and President of Confindustria
- Peter Praet, Member of the Executive Board of the European Central Bank
For more information on this year’s speakers and registration, please visit: http://www.ebsummit.eu/.
The Right to Self Determination - new governance models
Projection of the film
25 September 13.00-15.00
room P4B001 - European Parliament
A documentary on the socio-economic consequencies of privatisations
by Katerina Kitidi and Aris Chatzistefanou
Pre-film debate with:
When: Wednesday, 26 September, 10.00
With: Green MEP Carl Schlyter
When: Wednesday, 26 September, 11.00
Where: 6Q2, Jozsef Antall building, European Parliament
Fiscal Compact: GUE/NGL calls for review by ECJ
Austerity is killing in Portugal; the real face of the rescue programme
Thursday 11/10/12, 10:30 Room PHS 0 B01
HOW TO IMPROVE AWARENESS OF THE EP AND ITS ACCEPTANCE BY THE PUBLIC?
MEP Jiri Mastalka
MEP Vladimir Remek
With the participation of:
Firenze 10+10 Alter Summit
RESISTANCE TO AUSTERITY
17th of October 14.30-18.00
ASP 1G2 European Parliament Brussels
The Pact of Islands is the political commitment of European Islands to developing Island Sustainable Energy Action Plans (ISEAPs) and identifying Bankable Projects with the aim of meeting or exceeding the EU sustainability targets for the year 2020.
Hunger strike in Turkey : MEP back from delegation in Turkey
MEP Marie-Christine Vergiat (delegation of elected representatives to Turkey from the 31st of October to the 7th of November)
Progetto ABI Banche 2020 - Le banche italiane per la crescita e la coesione
Bruxelles, 13 Novembre 2012 ore 18.30
Parlamento Europeo, sala PHS 4b001
Apertura dei lavori:
Save the Date
Springeneration: From Ideas to Action in the Middle East and North Africa
14 November 2012, 15:00 – 18:00
COLLOQUE : "Action for teens"
Adolescence en détresse: L'urgence d'une politique d'accueil en Europe
At this crucial time in the fight against climate change, the European Islands have a key role to play in developing sustainable energy action plans.
Helga Trüpel, budgetary spokesperson of the Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament will be present at the EU Summit today, 22 November, as from 20.00 and on Friday, 23 November as from 1o.30 am and be available for comments.
Invitation to press conference
26th November 2012
European Parliament, Room ASP5G2, Rue Wiertz, 60, B - 1047 Brussels
EU banking union legislation to be voted in EP
When: Thursday, 29 November - 8.00 (a.m.)
4 December 2012, 9.00-12.30
European Parliament, ASP 1G2
The Hanns-Seidel-Stiftung and the Centre for European Studies cordially invite you to a conference on The European Agenda under the Irish EU-Presidency with:
Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe
Organized by MEP Dr. Theodoros Skylakakis
Success Stories Made in Greece